Posted on | January 8, 2014 | 17 Comments
The mystery quilt from last year is finally done. Good to have another UFO off the list.
I have found it a little difficult to get the true colours of this quilt in my photos. Neither outside nor inside photos gave the richness of the colours.
Never mind – the quilt still looks fine.
Here is is outside.
I then tried some pictures inside to pick up the quilting. They worked a bit better.
I used several rows of straight stitching to focus on the ribbon part of the quilt, then used a variety of flowers, swirls, bubbles, loops and teardrops to fill the others spaces.
The binding was the same as the outside border and I found a lovely sewing themed print for the backing.
It is not a large quilt – small lap sized or wall hanging, I suppose.
Time to move on to the next UFO which is half way through quilting. Looking for another finish.